This class is part of year long study which covers various topics. You are welcome to join at any time.
An Open Heart will present key Buddhist teachings on the powerful logic of compassion and practical methods for developing a more kind relationship with ourselves, and systematically leading us to develop and extend our love for others and ultimately for all beings. When our heart and mind are filled with love, we may find the greatest inner healing, tranquillity and well-being.
Our innate capacity for empathy is the source of the very best of human qualities: love, kindness, generosity, warm-heartedness, courage … compassion. Although we are born with a vast capacity to love, we may not know how to do so unconditionally, or how to express that love in practice
Participants in this course will learn how to:
- develop loving kindness for themselves
- extend that loving kindness to all beings
- move along the path from compassion to fully enlightened courage
Led by Western meditation instructors with many years of experience, each session consists of:
- Video teachings from Tibetan and Western Buddhist masters including Sogyal Rinpoche, Jetsün Khandro Rinpoche, Ringu Tulku Rinpoche, Mingyur Rinpoche, Pema Chödrön and Sharon Salzberg.
- Meditation practice
- Time for contemplation
- Group discussions and Q&A, offering each student the opportunity to explore the teachings and practices in an open supportive environment and to connect with a community of practitioners.